Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Joseph Lee's Mole Chili

My good friend, Joseph, had us over the other night to watch the playoffs and since I don't really follow football I was really excited to learn that there was chili. Ladies and gentlemen, this is no ordinary chili. You see, Joseph is a man of many talents (singer, song writer, musician), but this guy can also cook his butt off too! In fact, Joseph has had one of his recipes for Bulgogi Tacos (page 84) published in The Kimchi Chronicles by Marja Vongerichten and Jean-Georges. WORD!Ok, back to the chili...I know you want the recipe, shoot - I want the recipe. But alas, I don't have it. All I know is what he put in it: ground beef, beans, tomato, onion, bell peppers, thai chilies, mushroom, crushed almonds, dark chocolate, corn, beer and toasted spices. He topped it with a piece of toasted bread filled with swiss cheese and a dab of mexican crema with cilantro. Delish!!

No comments: