Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Papillon

I labeled this "Eating in NYC" but I didn't technically eat here - we had drinks. I wouldn't normally blog about this, but I have a quota to hit so in it goes!
We met up with some family friends last night for a drink. They were in NYC for the day and had reservations for dinner in Midtown, but before they dined - we had a drink and chatted about everything from how unseasonably warm it was to social faux pas. It was a lovely visit, but I digress... This place was blindly chosen by me off Goggle Maps because of it's location. Afterwards, I checked Yelp and it only had 3 stars. I figured if we showed up and it looked bad, we'd leave; however, the decor inside wasn't that bad actually. All dark hard wood - a typical Midtown after work crowd - it wasn't that bad. The drinks were good but nothing to write home about - mostly typical wines and top shelf liquors, but no fancy twists (like blue cheese in your martini). If you're looking for a place to catch up over a glass of wine in Midtown this place will suffice.

No comments: