Saturday, January 14, 2012

Eileen's Cheesecake

(photo from LunchStudio)

Eileen's Cheesecake is New York's number one spot for cheesecake. At least, according to their website it is. I mean, they are good. Eileen has been baking her cheesecakes for over 35 years so she's probably mastered it by now.

I remember bringing my parent's here on one of their first visits to NYC. I thought my dad would be stoked since he loves cheesecake so we scooped up a few of the individual sized treats and brought them home to have with coffee. If you are expecting a real cheesecake taste, the individual ones are not what you want. I think you have to spend the extra money and buy a whole cheesecake - the bigger ones might be different but I can't be sure. (I've always bought the individual sized ones). The small ones are more airy - lighter in texture, not dense like a baked cheesecake. Personally, I like these better because I don't feel like I have a pound of cake in my belly afterwards. I'm not sure if my parents thought they were the #1 NY cheesecake, but they were delicious nonetheless.

Oh, I ordered my cheesecake on impulse last night from MaxDelivery. Convenience never tasted so good. Diet? What diet? Oops.

No comments: