Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cowboy Steaks

I was cooking steaks for dinner the other night and I thought to myself, let me do something special to them so I can blog about it and make Michael Friedman happy and off my case. Well - here you go, sir. POST LOCKED!


Ingredients:
2 pounds porterhouse steak (If you got 'em. I used some massive sized shell steak)
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons chili powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (optional)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Preparation:
Combine garlic, chili powder, salt, oil and pepper in a small bowl. Mix until it forms a thick paste. Rub paste over the entire surface of the steak. Wrap steak in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours. Preheat grill. Grill steak over as high a heat as you can for 2 minutes. Flip and continue grilling for 2 more minutes. Move to a cooler part of the grill or reduce heat to medium. Continue grilling until done. About 4 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!