Thursday, January 5, 2012

L'asso

There are few places in this city where I crave foods that I'm supposed to despise. L'asso has made me a believer out of gorgonzola. What's wrong with gorgonzola you ask? Well, don't get me wrong - I love cheese. But I HATE fungus. I don't eat cheese with fungus. No blue cheese, no roquefort and definitely no gorgonzola for this gal. That is until I tried the Mela pizza from L'asso. (Pictured above - not my photo though. I devoured my pizza too quickly and had to steal this one off the interwebs). The first time I had it I had NO IDEA there was fungus-ey cheese up in my slice. I just knew it was heaven in my mouth. The second time I ordered it I had to do a double take. Did I just read the menu right? Did that say gorgonzola? I remember being bummed out - thinking they changed the recipe on me. But alas, they hadn't changed a thing. I was just being foolish and unaware of the amazing flavors of this pizza.

Let me explain, I like a classic pizza with red sauce. I like pepperoni and/or pancetta and peppers and onions. And if you're like me, then you need to just put that pizza aside once and go try this one. It will change your life. It's got all the good stuff: mozzarella, gorgonzola, asparagus, apple & truffle oil. It's tangy and sweet and salty. It's perfection. It changed me. Now, let it go and inspire you...

New L'asso location now up in the East Village, son! First Ave and 6th St!! BAH! They're within walking distance now! This could get dangerous!

No comments: