Sunday, January 29, 2012

Huevos Rancheros

I love Huevos Rancheros. It is by far one of my favorite brunch items. I usually always order it when I see it. Today, I made it at home and I made use of Bobby Flay's left over salsa! I love this dish!

Ingredients
2 Flour tortillas cut in half
1/2 c black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 tsp ground cumin
4 pieces of bacon
4 eggs
2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
1tbsp EVOO

Salsa
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and minced
3 plum tomatoes, finely diced
2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Salt

MAKE THE SALSA: In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt.
MAKE THE REST: Get a pot of water to a boil (for the eggs) and in a frying pan crisp up your bacon. When cooked, set aside on a paper towel. Heat beans in another small pot with the cumin. In a large frying pan add EVOO and tortillas and flip them every few minutes until crispy and browned. Cook your eggs in the boiling water. (We are making poached eggs for this, but you could do over easy as well). Build your plate: tortilla on bottom, then bacon strips, then beans, then eggs, then salsa on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.

No comments: