Monday, November 15, 2010

What I made...

Brunch: I re-invented my favorite Mushroom and Truffle flat bread from Trader Joes. If you've never had this flat bread you need to do yourself a favor and go buy it already. It's cheesy and earthy and the texture doesn't gross you out. It will make you a believer of the fungus! I made mine more "brunchy" by putting an over easy egg on top with a simple spinach salad. Yummy!

I think I made the best shrimp I've ever made the other night for dinner. Best part, it was super easy! Here's how: Take a bag of large precooked frozen shrimp and let them defrost in a strainer under running cool water. When they're ready take some bacon. Yup. Bacon! (About 2 to 3 pieces) And chop that bacon up and start frying it in a pan. Mmm...it gets better. Once bacon is cooked - don't drain the grease but ADD sweet chili sauce to your pan. Mix well then toss in your shrimp. Stir until they are all coated in deliciousness. You will smack your momma, they are that good. I served them with garlic mashed potatoes (I know - boring) and roasted veggies (asparagus, sugar snap peas and brussel sprouts). Um...you're welcome. :)

4 comments:

EscobaRachel said...

that looks heavenly! What did you flavor the veggies with? I totally wanna make! And those mashies look delish! Can you please post recipe :-)

Adrienne said...

Trader Joes sells a bag of roasting veggies. All I did was open one of those and rinse them off. I did cut the brussel sprouts in half. Then I sprinkled everything in olive oil, salt and pepper. Roasted in the oven - 400 degrees for 10 minutes (more if you have more veggies - but they tend to steam and not roast if you have too many - which may take longer). I LOVE them with a squeeze of lemon juice on top - but this time I did a splash of soy sauce. Hope that helps! :)

EscobaRachel said...

yum! Thanks! we don't have a trader joes in EP so I am just gonna buy everything separate! dumb question, roast just means bake @ 400 right? not like broil or somethin?

Adrienne said...

Opps - yes, that's what I meant. :)