Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mexican Radio

Every time I eat Mexican in NYC, I always compare it to Mexican Radio. Why do I love Mexican Radio so much? I'll tell you...first, the ambiance. It's a big enough restaurant that you NEVER have to wait (at least I never have). And it totally has this Day of the Dead vibe with skulls and flowers everywhere. Not to mention the fun hot sauces on every table. I don't think I've ever used one but I love reading their names. This one (pictured above) is called "Kiss your ass goodbye". Love that. The drinks are also spot on. This frozen margarita was delish and totally worth the 3 brain freezes I endured. Also, their sangria is super good too.

 Another reason why I love Mexican Radio - the nachos appetizer. You only get about 8 chips, but each one has the perfect amount of toppings. It's such a beautiful thing. I had to explain to my friends that they needed to get this as an appetizer. I was like, "It's not like bar nachos where you get half a bag of chips with gobs of crap on it. And it won't fill you up with unnecessary chips." Seriously - other restaurants take note! This is how you NAIL nachos.

Dinner. Another winner. I had the chicken enchiladas with the Suiza sauce (salsa verde). Tangy with a little heat - soooo delicious. The chicken is so good. It's totally pulled from whole chickens and shredded. You can tell they have integrity when it comes to their ingredients. They are also consistent. I always get the same dish when I reorder it. Love that! If you LOVE Mexican food and you live in the city - try this place. It won't disappoint. 

No comments: