Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Carribean Coconut Tilapia

If you want to get technical, I've made this and posted about this before - but it was WAY back in 2010 and I don't think you guys read my blog like that so guess what? It's back! Oh, and I gave you step by step photos this time. YAY! You love it... This is a crowd pleaser - I know because back in 2010 I made it for like, my whole family - grandmother, uncle, cousin, parents - everyone enjoyed it. Except they were a little weirded out with the lemongrass. I don't think they knew what it was. I served my fish over couscous but you can use whatever you want. (e.g. last time I used rice).

To do this too you will need:
Lemon Grass, 4 - 5 stalks, quartered
Cilantro, 4 tablespoons finely chopped
Coconut Milk, 1 10 oz can
Onion, 1 small whole chopped
Butter, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 3 tablespoons
Tomato Sauce, 1/2 cup
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Favorite fish, 4 large steaks

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 350. In a small sauce pan heat up onions, garlic, and butter.

Saute for two minutes, pour in tomato sauce and cook for two minutes.

Pour in a can of coconut milk, cilantro, lemon grass, salt and pepper. Turn off heat and let sit.

In a baking dish place the fish and pour coconut sauce over top. (You can't even SEE my fish! HA!) Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes or until fish is fork tender. Tip: Don't eat the lemongrass!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm going to cook this with my rock fish WHEN I HAVE A KITCHEN AGAIN!!!! Sounds delish.

Katie said...

I'm going to cook this with my rock fish WHEN I HAVE A KITCHEN AGAIN!!!! Sounds delish.