Monday, April 9, 2012

Homecook Heidi

 We hung out with friends last night to watch a movie and our lovely friend, Heidi, made us dinner. The chicken was heritage (like the bird we ate on Turkey day) and it was really delicious. She bought her marinade from Fresh Direct but I forgot what it was called. The peas and rice made it feel nice and comforting - like something I ate growing up. I ate it all - even the peas! (Ok, half the peas). 

This salad was so simple yet super delightful. I loved the yellow cherry tomatoes and the shredded cheese (I think it was Parmesan). It doesn't look like it, but the greens were perfectly dressed in a light dressing and mixed well. I hate it when salad dressing isn't evenly distributed over your greens. Thanks for dinner neighbor! :) Oh, we brought dessert but since it was store bought, it wasn't blog worthy.

No comments: