Saturday, January 24, 2009

Healthy Lunch

I made a nice and healthy lunch before I wreak havoc on my arteries later at dinner. I boiled the brussel sprouts in water with a vegetable stock cube for some added flavor first. Then I cut off the bottoms and chopped them in half. They sauteed for a minute in extra virgin olive oil.

I diced my extra firm tofu and sauteed the cubes in a soy sauce mixture.

After tofu is nice and brown, add the brussel sprouts. (I cooked the tofu separate to avoid it breaking up while mixing.)

My secret ingredient: Braggs! Liquid Aminos! (I used to cook with this all the time--I miss it!)

Plated! What a yummy healthy lunch! I even had enough to share with my neighbor and for lunch tomorrow!

2 comments:

Heidi Powers said...

Me or Virgil? Can't wait for superbowl! The TV might blind you. Seriously.

Adrienne said...

Your husband actually. Yes, Superbowl will be fun!