Sunday, April 22, 2012

Bar 10 at Westin, Times Square

I met up with an old friend last night and boy did we catch up for lost time! Our evening started out really nice and tame. We went to Bar 10 located at the Westin hotel in Times Square. Actually, they call it Times Square but it was really 43rd and 8th (near Port Authority). Technically, I guess it is Times Square, but it's two avenues too far over IMO. Anyways, why did I go here? Great question! I purchased a TravelZoo deal back in late February and I had failed to use it. Since it was expiring soon,  I cashed in! I paid $35 for a voucher that gave me 4 drinks and a Mediterranean platter. The drinks alone were $16 each! Our tab was over $80 and we only had to pay the tax and tip. Awesome! If you don't know about TravelZoo, you need to know. The first beverage I had was a blood orange Manhattan. It was good, but super sweet. I switched over to a nice Sauvignon Blanc after that and I enjoyed that too. The atmosphere was okay. We sat by the window so we could people watch outside but inside was a lot to watch too. People were dressed up getting ready to go out, business men were yapping it up at the bar and a bunch of girls were giggling together for what probably was their girl's weekend. A mixed crowd and not my scene at all but I didn't mind it. The server was attentive but not annoying. Overall, I could go back but only if I had another coupon. I'm not paying $16 for a drink.

No comments: