Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'll do it for free, chicken!

I went to Whole Foods today to try to do two things I don't do: 1) Buy meats in bulk to stock up for the week and 2) Buy meats that are organic free-range products. That's right chickens! Go roam the countryside and live the life you get happily. Go climb the mountains and sing the songs that you want to sing! At first I was overwhelmed, but I think I did ok. Here's all the crap I bought:

The cashier (her name was Dana) in Whole Foods (Union Square) was a real piece. I made it a point to tell Curtis that she had an attitude loud enough for her to hear it. It made me miss the up beat friendly staff at Trader Joes. I must really love you, chicken! Hopefully the Whole Foods on Houston doesn't employ rude teenagers. I'll try them next time.

I bagged it all up in freezer bags. This is a lot of food! I got 3 nights of chicken, 2 nights of pork, 2 nights of steak. I also bought ground beef, ground turkey and some Chicken-apple sausages that we are in love with right now.

I ran into TJs on Friday night and I spied their Organic Free Range Chicken, but believe it or not the deal I got at Whole Foods was much better. I spent close to $2 less a pound buying in bulk than I did buying smaller packing. Now if some one can build a Sam's club next to my house and give me a mini-van full of soccer kids, I'll be good to go!
....that last part was a joke by the way. Nothing against you soccer moms, just a very far stretch of where buying in bulk could take me.

2 comments:

Heidi Powers said...

Hurray for you, and the animals. And I hate the union square WFs. We stick to Bowery.

Adrienne said...

My only regret is not doing this sooner...