Monday, April 9, 2012

Greek Couscous Salad

I love Greek salad, but I make it so much sometimes I get sick of it. I saw a similar recipe on a box of couscous so I took it and I made it my own. This was my lunch today and I thoroughly enjoyed it! You could add chicken to make it a heartier meal but I didn't have time. I should've though. I may not have eaten 2 girlscout cookies and a bag of chips later if I had a more hearty lunch. DOH!

You need:
1 package Plain Couscous
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 c green and red pepper chopped
1/3 c red onion, chopped
3/4 c crumbled feta cheese

Make the couscous as directed on package except omit the butter/oil and add pepper. Combine everything and let chill overnight or for at least 4 hours. Stir in cheese before serving.

Note: I added cucumbers to mine when I also stirred in the cheese. It was great!

No comments: