Thursday, May 31, 2012

Regis Royale


To let us know how much she appreciates us, my boss took her direct reports and our Trainer (my direct report) out to dinner. I found three options on Yelp and we went with the first choice: Regis Royale. The restaurant is located on Rector street right next to World Trade but closer to Wall St. We went for dinner at 6:30 and we walked into full fledged banker happy hour. Luckily, our table was upstairs away from the banter of white bread boys. The host was very friendly and welcoming; in fact, I think he was the manager or the owner. I also think he had a crush on my co-worker, but that's besides the point.


We all ordered a round of drinks. I started with the Pimm's Ice Tea. The drink was....ehh. It had Seagram's 7 in it and that overpowered the Pimm's. Tasted more like. 7&7 than anything else. The waiter took our orders and recommended the sampler appetizer. I usually don't order those because all of it is usually fried, but my boss did and I was quite happy with it. Yes, it had your typical sampler items like mozzarella sticks, chicken wings, and calamari. It also had goat cheese bruschetta, mini crab cakes, fried eggplant, and bacon wrapped shrimp. For my entree, I had the chicken piccata. It was really tasty but the sauce was a little thick and had started to congeal on my plate. The spinach was sauteed with garlic and that was lovely. Would I go back? Eh, maybe just for appetizers...

No comments: