Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Feta, Tomato, and Onion stuffed Chicken

I made this for dinner the other night and it was okay. The tomatoes were a little sweeter than I expected so next time I think I'll use a whole plum tomato instead. 

Ingredients:
3 - 4 chicken breast, sliced and pounded thin
1 container fat free feta cheese
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tsp parsley
salt and pepper to taste

To do:
Start pounding down the chicken to make it thin. I cover my chicken in saran wrap to keep my mallet from getting gross. In a separate bow, combine feta, tomato and onion. Mix well and form into a small ball. Place cheese ball on top of chicken (to the side) then roll over the other side to hide the goods. You can tie this up if you want, but it's not necessary. Sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350.

No comments: