Friday, May 25, 2012

Blackened Tuna Steaks


Made blackened tuna steaks last night. I served mine with roasted brussel sprouts and pancetta with a little bit of butter noodles. I coated my fish on either side. Don't do that. It ends up being really salty that way. I LOVE salt, so please believe me when I say - just coat the one side.

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds fresh tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning*
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
Generously coat tuna with Cajun seasoning.
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over high heat. When oil is nearly smoking, place steaks in pan. Cook on one side for 3 to 4 minutes, or until blackened. Turn steaks, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to desired doneness.










*Ingredients for Cajun Seasoning

2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
dash Old Bay

No comments: