Sunday, May 6, 2012

Galaxy Diner

We went with friends to a wedding in CT yesterday and on the way back to the city we stopped to say hi to our friends mom. The plan was to have dinner at the diner. My sous chef said he wanted to go to the best diner that they had, so we ended up at the Galaxy Diner in Bridgeport, CT. I had a dish called "The Satellite": grilled white American cheese with extra crispy bacon, tomato and a mountain of french fries. It came with a side of coleslaw (which I ate happily since it wasn't all mayonnaisey). It was good - I was already full and I ate it all anyway. The ambiance was a diner that was trying to be a restaurant: You could tell they had expanded years ago for more dining space and I even spied a wine rack on the back wall. But as much as they tried, they couldn't hide the oversized menus with everything under the sun on them and the old fashioned counter seats right as you walked in. Good job, Bridgeport.

No comments: