Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Red Snapper with Tarragon Sauce

I don't cook fish that often. Usually when I do, it's because I feel like I've been eating horrible and want to feel better about myself. This dish did the trick.

What you need:
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 pound red snapper
5 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp Fresh tarragon; chopped
1 sm Shallot; peeled and minced

Preheat oven to 350. Place fish skin side down in a foil-lined pan. To make the sauce, heat oil and shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. (You should have about 1/2 cup.) Preheat the broiler. Place the sauce on top of fish and cover with another piece of foil. (Note: I also threw in some baby potatoes that I had rinsed and quartered). Bake 20 minutes then remove foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.

No comments: