Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Healthy Fried Rice

 Sometimes you want to order in Chinese food. You know you shouldn't because it's loaded in sodium and oil but it tastes so good! Well, know you can have fried rice - guilt free! Follow me please...

Make about 2 cups of brown rice (I used instant). Also, chop up about 1/2 yellow onion and about 1/2 cup green cabbage. Saute that in 2 tbsp sesame oil and also add 1 tbsp chopped garlic.

 
My pan doesn't look too appetizing but whateves. Cook the cabbage and onion down about 5 min or so then add one egg. Scramble it.

 
 Add about 1/8 c light soy sauce and a few dashes ponzu sauce. Add sliced cherry tomato at very end before serving. I don't know, maybe I was starving - but this tasted sooo good. Plus it's mad cheap to make and very healthy for you too.

No comments: