Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chipotle Burgers



So, I got on FB tonight and seriously read two of my friends raving about KFC and Popeye's. We literally walked right past a Popeye's on the way home and my sous chef said, "Mmm...I want Popeye's!" But this ain't a fried chicken post - it's a burger post. The next best thing in the world of fast food. Except, I made my burgers so kudos to me!  These burgers can't be found in no Burger King or Wack Arnolds. These are Chipotle Burgers (and not like Chipotle the fast food chain) - chipotle like the pepper. The recipe was discovered by me on Epicurious and now, it's yours:

Here we go:


2 tablespoons canned chipotle chiles in adobo, including sauce

1 lb ground beef chuck

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 teaspoon salt

4 hamburger buns

Do it:
Open any whole chipotles and discard seeds, then mince chipotles.


Mix chipotles (with sauce), beef, onion, and salt with your hands, then form mixture into 4 (3/4-inch-thick) patties.


Grill burgers on lightly oiled grill rack, turning over once, 4 minutes total for medium-rare.

I made mine with shredded Monterey cheese and a teeny tiny bit of ketchup on the bun. Perfection!

No comments: