Saturday, March 3, 2012

His and Hers Omelet

 This is my yummy Saturday breakfast. Doesn't it look all healthy and delicious? I think I could call this a power breakfast before a good gym workout, right? Crap. Does that mean I have to go to the gym now?

 
Start with about 1/3 cup finely chopped yellow onion and saute with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Once onions are looking a little browned add one little box of raisins (about a handful). Raisins will not need long - about a minute. When done, remove from pan and set aside on a separate plate. This is going to be a topping on our side salad.

 For two servings I used 3 large eggs and added a splash of milk, salt and pepper. Whisk it. Whisk it good.

 Now the fun part - pour it into your pan. Make sure you clean your pan out first and spray the bottom. (I was out of cooking spray so I used about a tablespoon of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light...man, that's a lot to type out. Okay, people - from now on - I'm just saying fake butter. Take note. I digress...) Add your eggs to a hot pan on medium to low heat. Can you guess which side is mine? You can put anything in your omelet but I just used what we had already in the house: American cheese, spinach, cherry tomatoes, scallions. My sous chef was a little less adventurous with his eggs today. The tricky part is flipping this guy. Make sure to fold one side over onto the other but only do it when the egg mixture is looking firm - it will fall apart if it's still runny. Hell, this takes a lot of practice - I won't lie. If you screw it up just make it scrambled eggs. No one will know. :) Pair with a small side salad of baby arugula, fried onions and raisins and cherry tomatoes. I put fat-free balsamic on mine but put whatever you like.

If this post wasn't that interesting for you, I'm sorry. Maybe you need to see this instead.

No comments: