Monday, March 5, 2012

Max

 Holy meatballs, Batman! We treated our friend that was visiting from out of town to dinner last night and I am STILL full from the meal. We went to Max's in the East Village. This place is straight up legit - 100% authentic. We started with the softest meatballs I have ever eaten in my life. (I devoured half of them before it dawned on me to take a photo).

 Again - I started eating before I snapped a photo. Oops. This was homemade fettuccine with duck ragu. I couldn't finish it. By this point I was already beyond full and the food coma was beginning to settle in. 

 My sous chef opted for the lasagna. In comes in it's own vessel, which keeps it piping hot, but the real magic of the dish is the noodles. They aren't the same texture of noodles that you get here in typical restaurants. I've only had the texture of this noodle in one other place in the world and it was under a bridge at a restaurant in Venice. It's really hard for me to articulate - but it's a softer texture and thicker too. Kind of like a noodle made out of mashed potatoes. I know - sounds crazy. 

 Dessert just sent me right over the edge. This was creme brulee and it was amazing. It was kind of warm still (which is my favorite way to have it).

This in front of me was chocolate souffle and behind that is a tiramisu. Oh good gracious - I only took like 2 bites. I needed to be carried home after this, but that didn't happen. I did; however, lay in bed at 9 pm and fall asleep for the entire evening. Sleep or food coma? You decide...

No comments: