Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tompkins Square Bagels

This place opened up in my hood a few weeks ago and I finally got to check it out yesterday. The line, while long, went fast. I ordered the everything bagel with the homemade light scallion cream cheese. It was very delish. My cousin ordered a whole wheat bagel with lox and cream cheese. She also said it was amazing. The guy in line behind us ordered sausage and egg on a french toast bagel - genius! Another funny story about this place - while we were eating, we glanced up and noticed some books on a shelf that were all about bagels. One in particular was called, "Where in the world is my bagel?" and it's written by a Korean writer who is from the same village that my cousin lives in (close to the border of North Korea). She had JUST read the book to her class too. Pretty strange, right?

No comments: