Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tofu Fajitas

 I've been on a health kick (since yesterday - ha!) and I decided to make something for lunch that would satisfy me, but not make me feel guilty so I made tofu fajitas. I must say, I am super pleased that I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. These were awesome! These fajitas had all the flavors of your classic fajita but like, half the calories! One serving is 310 calories. Holla!

Ingredients:
1 Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat tortilla 
1 tsp olive oil
1 green pepper, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 tbsp cumin
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp crushed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1 package firm tofu, cut into strips 
Top each fajita with:
1 tbsp fat-free sour cream 
1/4 c fat-free cheddar cheese 
What you do:
Heat oil in a pan and add onions and peppers. Let cook for 2 minutes then add garlic and tofu. Add cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook until the peppers are tender. (I cook mine until I see good sear marks on the tofu). Build your fajita with low-fat or fat-free toppings. Viola! Lunch is served!


No comments: