Monday, June 4, 2012

Crystal's "Perfect" Salsa

Okay, I used to think I was really weird about my salsa until I met my husband and discovered that he liked his salsa the exact same way as me. I like a runny salsa. Let me clarify, I don't like watery, flavorless salsa; I like a punchy, bright salsa that is so finely chopped that it appears runny. It's hard to find. Some places come close to nailing it, but no one nailed it as perfectly as my boo, Crystal. Shit was on point.

Ingredients
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
2 fresh whole tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1 - 2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt


Directions
In a food processor, combine all ingredients; cover and process until chunky. Transfer to a small bowl.

No comments: