Monday, June 4, 2012

Missy's Corn Salad

This salad is highly ranked as one of my all-time favorites and I have my dear BFF, Missy, for reintroducing me to it last weekend. Thanks my love! I'm going to be making this again super soon!

Ingredients

6 to 8 ears of white corn (we used white and yellow mixed)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 c basil, chiffonade (pretty, thin ribbons)
1/4 c EVOO
2 tbsp White Vinegar
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 c red onion, diced
Salt and pepper


 Directions: In a pot of boiling water, cook all the corn until tender. Remove and let cool. Using a knife, chop corn off each ear. Big chunks are okay! (Even better actually!) Add tomatoes and basil. To get the ribbon look rinse the basil and roll the basil tightly and then slice super thin with a knife. In a separate bowl whisk white wine vinegar, salt, and pepper.

No comments: