Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Superbowl Delights

We watched the Superbowl this year at my friend Kurt's house. What am I saying? We watch it there every year. Anyhoo, I ate a lot. The Giants won. Overall, a good night. These cookies above are oatmeal, cranberry and chocolate chip - really good. (Thanks Heidi)

 These delights are Earl Grey Shortbread cookies. Heidi actually put about 6 bags of Earl Grey tea into the cookie mix. I had no idea you could bake that way with tea. They came out really good and super buttery!

Ok, these things that look like donuts are called "Toad in the Hole". This dish is a traditional English dish consisting of sausages in Yorkshire pudding batter. The bowl in the background is an onion gravy that gets served on top. The little pieces of bread that are also on the same plate are another English delight called Ploughman's lunch. It's a sandwhich with cheddar and something called Branson's pickle. It's very popular pub food. My wontons aren't showcased here, but they were there - along with hummus and chips. I was still full the next day! Ah, Superbowl...

No comments: