Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gyu Kaku

 This, my friends, is Harami Skirt Steak. It's been marinated and sprinkled with sesame seeds and it's waiting for me to cook it. Oh, and it was like only $4 because I got it before 6 on Friday. Say, what? I'm taking about Gyu Kaku people! It's a Japanese BBQ at Cooper Square and it's one of my favorite spots. I went with some work peeps and we ate and drank till we were about to bust! Such a good time!

 This is such a good date restaurant. It's interactive and cozy, plus the food is just damn good. All the meats end up charred and smoky and because of the small portion size you get to try so many. We had pork belly, duck, skirt steak, sausage...and they were ALL winners. The trick is to go during happy hour. Not all the food is half off, but a lot of the meats are as well as some veggies. It really helps with the tab when you're going nuts and ordering like a million things.

Oh, and did I mention drinks are half off too? I mean, COME ON! This sake-tini kicked off my meal and it was delicious and STRONG. The rim was a wonderful sea salt concoction and that's a cucumber slice you see floating in my glass. All in all, this is a great restaurant for a group dinner or a date. The atmosphere is inviting, the food yummy and the experience one that won't be forgotten. Go please.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Mmmmm. I wanna go here again next time I visit.

Adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne said...

I know, right?! I think the last time I was here before this was with you. :)