Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade Croutons

 I love croutons in my salad. I decided to make my own. It was one of the easiest things I've ever made. Now you go do it...

Ingredients
  • Some old bread (I had half a loaf of Italian), cubed
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder and a pinch of salt OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions
Preheat over to 300 degrees. Toss oil with cubed bread in a medium bowl until cubes are evenly coated. Spread coated bread cubes on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cheese. It's okay to be messy with the cheese. I like the way the Parmesan that spills over the croutons turns into little Parmesan crisps. Bake for 15 minutes and check to see if they are dry, crispy, and golden brown. Stir the croutons around and bake for a few more minutes until done. Store croutons in air-tight container or ziplock bag. Enjoy!

No comments: