Monday, February 13, 2012

Bonnie's Brunch

My mother-in-law had me over for lunch and she wanted to show off her fancy cooking skills to me (as she says, "To prove to you that I can cook!") She made two kinds of quiche - one with spinach and cream cheese and one with ham and cheese. They were both delicious. It got me wondering why I never make quiche at home!? Then she made a wonderful spinach and pear salad with a chocolate vinaigrette dressing. Her recipe was from Taste of Home magazine, but here is another one I found online that is very similar:

Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on low until mixed, less than a minute. (Makes 1 cup salad dressing: serves large salad for 10)
Oh, shout out to Katie for rockin' the asparagus! :)

1 comment:

KATIE said...

No microwave for my asparagus!!!! When we all left, I went back to Trader Joe's and got the last 2 bundles!! And then the drive home in the Thunder Snow Storm!! It was a wonderful afternoon!!!