Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pea and Carrot Soup with Hickory Smoked Bacon

I'm not a big fan of frozen veggies but this soup is amazing. My sous chef loves peas and I know how classic split pea and ham soup can be. This is basically like that but with carrots and asparagus to add more veggies to the bowl. The hickory bacon adds a smokiness to the soup that makes it perfect. Oh, don't mind the bunch of cilantro in my photo. I was picking it off the stems for another recipe.

Ingredients:
1 package frozen peas and carrots
1/2 yellow onion
4 pieces hickory smoked bacon, diced
1 cup diced asparagus
2 cups chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Whatcha do:
Cook the frozen veggies, onion, asparagus, and chicken stock in a pot. Cook for about 25 minutes. Allow it to cool. In a separate pan, cook the bacon. Get it nice and crispy! Then blend everything into puree using a blender. Put back in the pot and add salt and pepper let it cook for another 10 minutes. Enjoy your soup .

No comments: