Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Vacation Eating

 I went to East Hampton with some friends for a week and boy did we have some good eatin'. This pizza was made my my friend Joseph Lee. Tomatillo/Black Bean Pizza With Grilled Lime And Honey.   He cooked it over the grill. It was delicious. He also made a cheeseburger pizza but I failed to get a photo of that one. 

 My friend Monica made these tri-tip meat kabobs with grilled veggies. Amazing! She marinated the meat for a good 5 hours and then grilled them to perfection. 

 This was Monica's homemade chimichurri sauce. It has a lot of parsley and garlic. Here's a link to a recipe (not hers) if you want to make it on your own.

You can't have a July 4th BBQ without hotdogs. We had ours 3 ways! One was topped with chili, crumbled bacon and a red cabbage slaw. Another was topped with a corn salsa with cilantro and cherry tomatoes and the last dog was topped with pureed green apple and cabbage slaw. Amazing! I love having friends that can throw down in the kitchen!

No comments: