Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Brie Stuffed Potatoes

I love brie. I love potatoes. Well...isn't this a splendid idea! I adapted this version off another recipe I found online that involved eggs and baking the potato. I made my recipe for my NYC kitchen. Now anyone can do it! This recipe will serve 2 people. 

Ingredients
1 potato (idahoes or russets are good)
1ounce brie cheese
1/2 tbsp margarine (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light)
1/4 tsp salt
pinch black pepper
1 tbsp shaved parmesan or asiago cheese (optional)


Slice the potato lengthwise. Cook in microwave at normal potato setting. Taking care not to pierce the skin, scoop out the flesh, leaving a 1/4 inch thick shell. In a medium size bowl, mash the potato flesh until smooth. Add the Brie, butter, salt, and pepper. Mash again. Stuff each potato shell with the mixture, mounding it in the center; transfer to a toaster oven dish. Run under the broiler until lightly browned- 3 to 5 minutes.

No comments: