Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Haricot Verts with Herb Butter

I remember about 7 or 8 years ago asking a friend what haricot vert was. We were dining in a restaurant and I saw it on the menu and was like, "Hmm...this sounds fancy!" To my surprise my friend Lisa said, "Like skinny green beans." Oh word? I love a green bean and I love a skinny green bean. They cook so fast and they look so pretty. Get on the haricot vert train friends!

Ingredients:
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 teaspoons finely chopped tarragon
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 lb haricots verts or other green beans, trimmed


Make it:

Stir together all ingredients except haricots verts with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl until combined well.

One way to cook: Cook beans in a large pot of boiling salted water (1 tablespoon salt for 6 quarts water), uncovered, until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes, then drain.

Another way: Put in tupperware and microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.

Toss with herb butter. Amaze!


No comments: