Sunday, June 13, 2010

New ideas for cucumbers

My mother-in-law (one of my seven blog fans) sent me this cucumber recipe and I thought I'd post it. It's a cucumber yogurt dip and apparently it's a pleaser to all palates - even those that hate cucumbers. The print came out kinda small, so I tried to find it online and I found another blogger who made it and raved about it too. Here is what you need to make it yourself:
Cucumber, of course
salt (use coarse sea salt)
three garlic cloves
two cups plain full-fat yogurt (use Greek yogurt – it’s much richer and less watery for dips)
fresh dill

mint

olive oil (use extra virgin, or as Rachel Ray calls it – EVOO).

Peel and seed the cucumber and then grate. The grated cucumber sits, with a sprinkling of salt, and then the water is squeezed out. The next challenge is to mash up the three garlic cloves with salt until they form a paste.
After the first two steps, just mix it all together with the yogurt, mint, dill, garlic, and cucumber. Once it’s mixed, put it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

1 comment:

EscobaRachel said...

yum I think i will make this later today or this week! Couple of questions though: Plain Greek yogurt should be used right? Also, how do you drain cucumber?

Loving the new template btw!! :-)