Thursday, August 13, 2009

Itzocan

Curtis and I had a sweet date the other night and we dined at this restaurant in our hood called Itzocan. One word: Wow! I WISHED I had my camera on me -- it was an amazing meal. The sangria was probably the BEST sangria I've ever had in my life. Amazing. Yes, that's right. I used a stock photo of sangria for my post. But this sangria was off the chain! It had peppermint leaves in it! Would you have ever thought to use peppermint leaves in sangria? Well guess what -- I'm using them from now on. It was delicious! We both split the fried goat cheese ravioli - a special for the day. I had the mussels - spicy yummy broth I could have drank the whole bowl and I also had the chicken tamale appetizer wrapped in a banana leaf. It was perfection. Curtis had the shell steak and it came with chorizo hash. It was also really good. For dessert we had the blue corn crepes with carameled goat cheese. People - do not be fooled by the appearance of this little place. It's a hidden gem! Go check it out over on 9th between 1st and A. You won't be disappointed! I wasn't!

No comments: