Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cooking with Tofu!

I made dinner tonight in about 10 minutes...seriously. And it was healthy. I bought this stir fry and it had asparagus in it. It was yummy!

I have never seen this before. I saw it in the store and thought...what the hay?! I actually liked it a lot. Yum-O! I pan fried it and it was perfect. I will buy it again for sure!

Viola! Dinner in 10 minutes! You can make this with or without rice. I grabbed the Uncle Ben's 90 second brown rice bag. Curtis likes rice with his stir fry. :)

That's a lot of artichokes!

I also made veal scallopini with white wine and artichokes. I bought frozen artichokes. Gross. They were all mushy and they had zero flavor. I served it with tofu shaped fettuccine noodles. The noodles were the best part. On the side, a Greek salad. My fave - chopped veggies and no lettuce. Just veggies and extra virgin olive oil. Mmm...

3 comments:

CW said...

i basically made the same thing last night...except mine tasted like shiz. i used this new black pepper sauce i found at trader joes which was....um, ok. i had regular firm tofu and pan fried it, then marinaded it in the sauce and soy sauce, then stir fried it w/ rice and veggies. the rice and veggies were good, but the tofu was gross. we ended up chucking it. i'm still trying to learn how to cook w/ tofu, i guess.

Adrienne said...

My neighbor taught me to cook the tofu seperate. It doesn't get broken up as much compared to when made with the stir fry.

Erica said...

That looks really yummy. I am totally going to look for that tofu brand. Your posts make me hungry.