Friday, August 21, 2009

Vino please!

I've had these pictures on my desk top for ages. I've been meaning to blog about some wines for awhile but I haven't gotten around to it. I think I bought both of these from Trader Joes. (TJ's is my go to for all things wine.

This bad boy is super cheap and really good. What the label says, “Made only with the Nero d’Avola grapes, this is a great wine with a beautiful rich, bright garnered colour and full bouquet redolent of berries, cherries and spices. The flavour is clear-cut, full-bodied and elegant. Perfect with grilled red meats and game." I love a full bodied wine and this one is a steal for around $6.

The Brooks 2007 Pinot Noir is an very light Pinot.(Both in alcohol content and by how it hold up alone). You need to pair it with some grub to really highlight it's flavors. In the glass, it's very light red. On the nose, you get muted fruit with hints of mint. In the mouth, this wine delivered very modest fruit, bright acidity, and a long finish that at times offered prominent cherry notes.

No comments: