Friday, August 28, 2009

Cleanse: Day 2

Cleanse is going well. I made it through Day 1 and it was a lot easier than I thought since I actually like vegetables. I was actually feeling motivated to work out last night and so when my neighbor came knocking on my door I quickly dressed in my gear for a nice 30 minute run. I was surprised I had so much energy and it felt good to run again. The last time I ran was Saturday (5 days before). I slept like a baby last night also. That good sleep too - deep REM with lots of dreams about all kinds of things. I'm anxious about this weekend. Weekends are really hard to stick to anything - esp. a diet/cleanse like this.

Day 2 -
Breakfast:
My typical cup of morning coffee
Fruit Naturals Red Grapefruit Cup

Lunch:
Cup steamed broccoli with Bragg's and a tiny bit of soy sauce,
Trader Joe's Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup.

Snacks: (over course of day)
Half a cucumber sliced with 4 tbsp. organic roasted red pepper hummus,
3 organic baby dill pickles (So good! 365 brand from Whole Foods)
Kellogg's Protein Water - Strawberry Kiwi flavor
1 c. seedless watermelon cubed.
6 Triscuits (yeah, yeah...I know)

Dinner:
Yellow squash, asparagus and cherry tomatoes sauteed in garlic and olive oil with tomato sauce.

Snack:
1/2 cucumber with roasted red pepper hummus

No comments: