Saturday, August 8, 2009

Fridays are for Friends!

I had Alicia and Joe over for dinner the other night. It's been awhile since I've seen my good friends so the chiller was definitely over do. I made dinner, we conversed and drank wine. (All things I do quite well I might add...) It was lovely...a lovely evening spent with lovely people. Ok so about the dinner...I started off with a Greek salad.

Nicely diced veggies: peppers, cucumber, onion, tomato. With feta, Italian herbs and extra virgin olive oil. Magnificent.

So I got a little creative with dinner. I made ricotta meatballs. First, you beat 2 eggs and then add ricotta. I added the whole container...Oops. It was only supposed to be like half that.

Parmesan, Italian herbs, garlic. Mix it.

Came out looking like a mousse or pate. I spooned it out into little balls like they were cookies and said a prayer. They actually came out decent. I served them with tomato sauce. Kind of like noodle-free spaghetti.

Italian bread with sun-dried tomato paste.

Topped with prosciutto and goat cheese. Baked off in the oven for a crunchy crust. YUM!

Curtis looks possessed.

Why did Curtis have to put his hand all up in my picture?!

Alicia hiding from the camera. Notice the blanket. hahaha We were snuggling.

I am so happy. YAY!

Happy Couple Number One.

Happy Couple Number Two.

2 comments:

nicbuc said...

Happy Couple Number Two is a handsome couple . love you guys !

Adrienne said...

Aww! Thanks Nic! See you guys soon! We are coming down in Sept.