Monday, November 8, 2010

What Marge made...

I got my camera back! Marge and Tom brought my camera back from Newfoundland and with it came all the photos of food from our trip! This was a homemade turtle pie that we had for dessert one night!

I forgot what this was called too, but it had some crazy name. It was a crazy fluffy texture but also firm too. It was like a cream cheese and whipped cream cake with cherries and sauce. Really yummy! Oy! So much dessert!

Stuffing made with savory. (I have some in my kitchen for Thanksgiving this year!)

Turkey.

Pastry for the Moose stew...

A parfait made with cloudberries - the official berries of Newfoundland! (Also called bakeapples)

This was this insane cheesy potato thing - oh man, was it good!!! I could have eaten this and nothing else!

Uncle Tom caught this delicious salmon! I've never had salmon that wasn't farm raised before. It was soooo good! And how privileged too - you can only catch 4 a year! Newfie law!

Roasted potatoes, Aunt Marge style.

I forgot what this dessert is called but it's like a marshmallow chocolate coconut concoction. It's crazy sweet and yet crazy good!
Marge's lasagna. So delish I almost forgot to take a photo! We nearly devoured it!

A delightful salad of orange, almond and cranberry. Served with our heaping pile of lasagna. :)

No comments: