Monday, November 15, 2010

Smac

I'm surprised I'm not 100 pounds heavier than I am. I eat SO bad sometimes. But sometimes, you can't help it. Sometimes cheesy concoctions call out to you and you have no choice but to give in. Smac in NYC is one of those things you just have to give in to. All they do is mac and cheese and they do it sooooooo good!

Side by side comparison. My dinner (right) versus Curtis's dinner (left). They look the same but don't be fooled -- they are different. Curtis got the 4 cheese: Cheddar, Muenster, Gruyere and a touch of Pecorino. But he also made them add slab bacon to his. This isn't like crumbles of bacon - no, no, no. This is like little hammy bacon nuggets - nestled in a bed of warm cheese pasta.

Here's mine! I almost got the same thing - kinda. Mine was called the Alpine. It's a "Swiss Mac that keeps you coming back for more. Gruyere coupled with its partner in crime, slab bacon. Hard to resist!" Yes - it was hard to resist. And at about $7 a pop you'll find it very hard to. Not all their macs had bacon - their menu is pretty inventive. Do yourself a favor and eat here. Thanks.

2 comments:

@JessEsco said...

Ughhhh I want that!

Anonymous said...

Diet or not...next time I'm in town...we're getting some. It's Crystal btw.