Saturday, November 20, 2010

Caribbean Coconut Fish

I forgot to take a photo of my fish dinner! BLIMEY! These are the left overs.

Yeah, I got creative today. I made fish (which is rare) and I made it Caribbean (even more rare). It came out really great!

Krista - get ready. We are making this together!

To do this too you will need:

Lemon Grass, 4 - 5 stalks, quartered
Cilantro, 4 tablespoons finely chopped
Coconut Milk, 1 10 oz can
Onion, 1 small whole chopped
Butter, 3 tablespoons
Garlic, 3 tablespoons
Tomato Sauce, 1/2 cup
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Favorite fish, 4 large steaks

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 350. In a small sauce pan heat up onions, garlic, and butter. Saute for two minutes, pour in tomato sauce and cook for two minutes.
Pour in a can of coconut milk, cilantro, lemon grass, salt and pepper. Turn off heat and let sit.
In a baking dish place the fish and pour coconut sauce over top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10 more minutes or until fish is fork tender.
And again...doesn't it look delicious? I served it on a bed of some kind of Israeli couscous blend. I picked it up from Trader Joe's but any brand of Israeli couscous should work just fine. I also sauteed some veggies on the side too. (not pictured - cause we ate them all).

No comments: