Saturday, November 20, 2010

Huevos Rancheros

Curtis made dinner more than once last week. Here was his other creation: Huevos Rancheros. The label is tagged as breakfast because this is usually what I would order somewhere for brunch, but because it IS my favorite brunch food I thought it would be okay to have for dinner.

Okay - so what are we working with here? Well, first Curtis fried up a few strips of bacon (go figure?!) and then he used that bacon fat to fry some tortilla shells. We also chopped up chorizo, and layered that on top of a bed of refried beans and black beans. A little shredded cheese, hot sauce and cilantro to top it off. Two perfectly cooked over easy eggs sit on the side. YUM! Note: We made this with leftovers from "nacho night". Can you tell?

2 comments:

EscobaRachel said...

i LOVE the new blog name!!! And this looks delish! i have actually never had huevos rancheros!

Adrienne said...

Thanks! :)
Girl, are you serious? Don't you have a Mexican blood line in the family? Well, even if you don't - you need to discover Huevos Rancheros. It's beyond amazing! I give you my word! :)

PS - I worked on your sisters new home last week! I peeled lead paint off the windows! Weeeeeeee! I hope we get to meet in person one day soon! :)