Friday, January 23, 2009

Vino time.

Red Diamond. Merlot.

Style: Fruit forward, lush, with some oak spice. Appearance: Deep cranberry ruby with a slight haze, semi-opaque. Aromas: Cherry, black cherry, plum, redcurrant, and sweet pie spice. Medium bodied, lightly tart with plenty of jammy red fruit that is layered over oak spice. It's kinda too jammy for my liking. I personally wasn't a fan. The color was nice, but the taste was too sweet. It kind of was on the verge of a dessert wine. (To me at least) I won't buy again.

La Ferme Julien Cotes Du Ventoux.

Deep, dark color. Deep scents of berries, spice and pepper. Full bodied, big for a fruit-oriented wine. Lots of bright fruit, spice and garrigue (new wine word! Refers to the southern Rhõne Valley and Provence, this is the landscape of small slopes and plateaus.) This one was pretty ok. A steal at TJs for under $10, but if I had my choice I'd get something else. There are so many better choices at TJs.

No comments: