Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chipotle Chicken Tacos

I love coming home to a dinner that I didn't prepare. My sous chef whipped up these yummy chicken tacos. They were spicy and delicious - now you go try!

Ingredients
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoon EVOO
2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with chiles
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 chipotle in adobo sauce, chopped, plus 1 tsp adobo
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
12 6 inch corn tortillas

For the Salsa:
1 c diced tomato
1/4 c red onion
1/4 c diced cilantro
1 lime, juiced
1/2 poblano pepper (fire roasted on the stove)
salt and pepper

Make it:
In skillet, cook onion in EVOO over medium-high, 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, chipotle and adobo; cook 10 minutes. Heat chicken in sauce; season. Serve with salsa. I garnished mine with a bit of queso fresco and creme freche also.

1 comment:

Raise Hell Over The Summer said...

: ) - - - -


That's all the tacos lined up waiting for me to eat them.