Saturday, March 2, 2013

Virgin Mary

I drink a V8 just about everyday. I love them. I feel good drinking it. The thick tomato juice goes into my body and I feel like little vegetable soldiers are giving my soul a pep talk. "Wake up!", they say. The best is a yummy virgin mary after a good morning workout. I love my kale smoothies too but this also hits the spot.

Ingredients:
5 oz low sodium V8 juice cocktail
1.5 oz favorite vodka
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 lime wedge
1/8 lemon wedge
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Enough ice to fill a pint glass

Directions:
Fill a pint glass with ice. Grind fresh black pepper over ice. Squeeze lemon and lime wedges and pour remaining ingredients. *This is important!: pour the bloody Mary recipe V8 back and forth between shaker and/or pint glass. Voila! Turn a grind of black pepper over the top and garnish with a fresh celery sprig and a pickle. 

Healthy tip of the day...DRINK YOUR VEGGIES!
If you're not eating enough veggies, start drinking them! Like the recipe above, you can get 2 of your daily serving of vegetables in one glass. You can buy smoothies that have more fruit and mask the veggie taste or you can press juices to get it too.

No comments: