Friday, November 9, 2012

La Flor Bakery and Cafe

 We checked out La Flor in Woodside last weekend. It was our first official dinner in our new hood and it was pretty delicious. This place reminds me of Itzocan Cafe (which is sadly now closed). The restaurant is labeled as a Mexican restaurant - but they serve more than typical mexican food. You can find high quality dishes such as this above pictured mac and cheese appetizer. Man, is it ever good.

 This mac and cheese is soooo good. It's got a blend of several cheeses and it's kind of soupy. (Just the way I like it). This was an appetizer portion - we split it. It was devoured in minutes.

 I wanted Mexican food this night so I ordered one of the only two things that really could be called that. I got the chicken enchiladas with mole sauce. It was awesome - and even more awesome the next day as leftovers.

Curtis got the other thing on the menu that was clearly Mexican - tacos. The carnitas tacos were good and stuffed so full that you could use one of the corn tortillas and split up the tacos. 2 tacos really made 4 tacos. Yummy! I will def. eat here again. It's a cute place - especially for date night.

No comments: