Friday, November 16, 2012

Brasserie Les Halles

 OK. This restaurant is the home base for Anthony Bourdain. He worked here for 20 years as a line cook. There are two locations in the city - my team took me to the John Street location since it was close to my office. This was my farewell lunch...and do my boys sure know how to treat a lady! Bill had the salmon for lunch. I tasted the dish and it was very delicious. 

 Kris and I split a few dishes. We decided that we could not go wrong with mussels and ordered the version with curry, wine and cream. SHUT UP!! Stupid good.

We also split a ginger marinated steak salad. The steak was on the bottom and it was medium rare, just the way I like it. The salad was dressed and piled on top. If I came back here, I wouldn't get the salad again. While it was good, it couldn't compare to the mussels. 


 Oh - the mussels came with fries! Love dipping my papas fritas in that curry broth!!!

Lastly, because we are gluttonous and outrageous, we ordered the truffle mac and cheese. SHUT UP!!!   It had bits of black truffle in the mac and cheese. I wanted to go swimming in it, it was that good! Best farewell lunch EVER!!!!!!

No comments: